We can take action on the climate crisis and create good jobs.
Families are losing their homes to flooding, farmers are losing crops to extreme weather conditions, and more and more kids are suffering from asthma and other illnesses because of pollution.
Canadians need a government that will fight to protect our families and our planet—but we're running out of time.
Justin Trudeau promised to do something about the climate crisis—but then he gave out huge fossil fuel subsidies and spent billions buying the outdated and leaky Trans Mountain pipeline. And Trudeau's Liberal government isn't even on track to meet the emission reduction targets that Stephen Harper set—targets that are inadequate for securing a safe, clean future for Canadians.
People should be able to count on their government to have the courage to act on climate change. That means taking real action to create good jobs, transition to a clean economy, and make life more affordable for people while protecting our land, water, and air.
Alejandra Bravo and Jagmeet Singh's NDP are prioritizing the fight for real climate action that puts people and our planet at the centre of our climate future.
Working together with First Nations, Inuit, and Métis as full and equal partners is critical to the fight against climate change. We're committed to supporting Indigenous leadership in climate action, respect for Indigenous rights and lands, and implementation of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
Our plan will:
- set an ambitious target of reducing our emissions by at least 50% from 2005 levels by 2030
- eliminate Harper and Trudeau's fossil fuel subsidies and put carbon budgets in place
- create one million new, good jobs in all regions with green infrastructure investments to ensure workers aren't left behind as the world moves to a zero-carbon economy
- create a National Crisis Strategy to help communities reduce and respond to climate risks
- enshrine an Environmental Bill of Rights in law, and protect 30% of our land, freshwater, and oceans by 2040.
Our plan will fight climate change and create jobs while saving families money and taking on big polluters. The time for delay and denial is over—it’s time to act.
Add your name now and support our fight for climate action.